The Dr Richard "MAPONYA WAY" Entrepreneurship JOURNEY - 2016 Update
Through the Skills & Entrepreneurship Development Programes by Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development we hope to address South Africa's triple challenges of (1) Unemployment, (2) Poverty, and (3) Inequality. We invite you to join Dr Richard Maponya and his Institute on "THE MAPONYA WAY ENTREPRENEURSHIP JOURNEY". Welcome on-board 2016!
· 1st THINK TANK: Launch of the Dr Richard Maponya – University of Johannesburg Think Tank on Entrepreneurship (26th July 2014) at the Bunting Campus of the University of Johannesburg. The guest speakers were the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Johannesburg, Professor Ihron Rensburg, and Dr Richard Maponya, the Founder & Chairman of Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development
· 1st ANNUAL LECTURE: Hosted The 1st Dr Richard Maponya Annual Lecture on Entrepreneurship, in partnership with the University of Johannesburg on Tuesday, 18 November 2014, at the Turbine Hall in Newtown, Johannesburg. The theme of the lecture was: Creating Successful New Enterprises - The Key to Economic Growth of South Africa. The lecture was delivered by Prof Robert Dale Hisrich, the then Garvin Professor of Global Entrepreneurship and Director of the Walker Centre for Global Entrepreneurship at the Thunderbird School of Global Management, the world's leading school of global business, based in Arizona, United States of America.
· REGISTRATION OF THE INSTITUTE: Confirmation of the registration of the Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development (9th December 2014) by the Commission for Intellectual Property and Companies (CIPC).
· 1st MOU: The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Dr Richard Maponya Institute and the University of Johannesburg (4th June 2015) at the Management Executive Committee Restaurant, Madibeng Building, Auckland Park Campus, Johannesburg.
· 2nd THINK TANK: Hosted The 2nd Dr Richard Maponya Institute – University of Johannesburg Think Tank on Entrepreneurship, (19th August 2015) at the University of Johannesburg’s Resolution Circle Building. The guest speaker was the CEO of McDonald’s South Africa, Mr Greg Solomon, represented by the company’s Corporate Affairs Director, Mr Sechaba Motsieloa.
· CONFERENCE NAMING: The naming of Dr Richard Maponya Soweto Annual Entrepreneurship Conference, by the University of Johannesburg, and the first conference taking place on the 27th – 29th October 2015 at the Soweto Campus of the University of Johannesburg
· 2nd ANNUAL LECTURE: Hosting of The 2nd Dr Richard Maponya Annual Lecture on Entrepreneurship, in partnership with the University of Johannesburg, on the 19th November 2015, at Indaba Hotel. The theme of the lecture was: Entrepreneurship Development – Brazilian and South African Perspectives, delivered by Mr Adriano Campolina, CEO, ActionAid International.
· MANAGEMENT COMPANY OF THE INSTITUTE: COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd is officially appointed as the management company of Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development, effective from the 1st January 2016. Mr Sam Tsima, the Project Management Consultant to date, resumes the full duties of the CEO of the Institute, while continues as the President & Chairman of COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd.
· FULL TIME OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE INSTITUTE: Ms Palesa Mabuse resumes the full time duties as the Office Administrator of Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development, assisted by the Project Management Team at COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd.
· INSTITUTE CONTACT DETAILS: We will be communicating the full contact details of the office of the Institute before the end of January 2016. The offices are located at Illovo, Johannesburg.
INSTITUTE DEVELOPMENTS IN 2016
· OPENING INSTITUTE OFFICE : January 2016
· CONFIRMATION OF THE INSTITUTE ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES MENU: January/February 2016
· INAUGURAL ANNUAL NATIONAL ROAD SHOW ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP: February – November 2016
· ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES LAUNCH: The Maponya Way Entrepreneurship Development Programme - March 2016
· SIGNING MORE LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL MOUs: January – December 2016
· 3rd THINK TANK ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG: July 2016
· DR RICHARD MAPONYA ANNUAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP CHARITY GOLF DAY: September 2016
· 2nd CONFERENCE ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG: October 2016
· 3rd ANNUAL LECTURE ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG: November 2016