Sam Tsima is appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dr Richard Maponya Institute, and remains the President & Chairman of COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd
COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd has been appointed the management company of Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development, www.maponya-institute.co.za .
Sam Tsima will fulfill the role of the CEO of Dr Richard Maponya Institute, while he remains the President & Chairman of COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd, www.Cometsa-GoC.com .
For more information on Dr Richard Maponya Institute click on the following Slide Share link http://www.slideshare.net/Patjane/dr-richard-maponya-institute-for-skills-and-entrepreneurship-development-npc .
Dr Richard Maponya Institute was inspired by the Brazilian Industry System (SISTEMA INDUSTRIA), especially the Brazilian National Service for Industrial Training (SENAI), www.portaldaindustria.com.br/senai/en , which is administered by the Brazilian Confederation of Industry (CNI), www.cni.org.br .
To read more about the Brazilian Industry System, click on the following Slide Share link: http://samtsima.blogspot.co.za/2016/01/the-brazilian-industry-system-sistema_9.html
Mr Sam Tsima’s roles as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dr Richard Maponya Institute for Skills and Entrepreneurship Development - NPC: As we implement the model of the Institute, the CEO will fulfil, among other duties, the following tasks;
Act a guardian of the Vision, and the Goal of the Institute:
- Vision: The Vision is to be the premier institute for technical skills, business administration, and entrepreneurship development
- Goal: Its main goal is to develop and support practicing entrepreneurs in diverse sectors of our economy.
Promote the Mission of the Institute: The Institute strives to provide differentiating and unique value offerings “THE MAPONYA WAY” to learner entrepreneurs and future corporate/business practitioners by;
- inculcating entrepreneurship spirit and culture among the South Africans, especially the youth and women;
- offering real life business administration and technical skills development interventions for the self-employed, entrepreneurs, and future corporate business practitioners in both public and private sectors;
- facilitating practical & real time management and leadership competencies for the public, private, not for profit, self-employment, and entrepreneurship applications
Ensure that the Institute’s activities are guided by its Objectives:
- Promote the Dr Richard Maponya Institute as a world class innovation institute, create a differentiated service offering from existing institutions
- To contribute to the reduction of unemployment in South Africa, especially youth unemployment
- Create a culture of trust and inculcate a team ethos, develop a ‘can do’ work ethic
- Target youth from the immediate surroundings to become role models,
- To achieve world class teaching, learning, research & development, and innovation practices
- To become the institute of choice for technical skills and entrepreneurship development in South Africa
- To assemble the best curricula developers, facilitators, tutors, teachers, and infrastructure & support service providers
- To partner with the best and like-minded institutes and service providers, local and international
Ensures the achievement of the Key Deliverables of the Institute:
- Entrepreneurs: At the end of the programme learner entrepreneurs will be able to start and maintain their own enterprises.
- Skills: The purpose is to provide access to skills, e.g. Diesel Mechanic, to learners. They will be trained and developed in such a way that they can compete globally.
- Poverty alleviation: The Institute will train participants in technical skills that are in demand and make them employable.
- Unemployment: The Institute will recruit participants with entrepreneurial talent, motivated to use their abilities and initiatives to do something on their own without necessarily wanting to start their own businesses.
- Industrialization: Here we look at the attractiveness of Dr Richard Maponya Institute in the industry to the learners and the investors who will support the programme of industrialization. The Institute will not only focus only on a particular industry but will be a player in multiple industries.
- Global competitiveness: The Institute’s efforts will be devoted to understanding the needs and skills that are critical to giving them the edge and awareness of global trends ( critical skill in South Africa might not be critical globally)
- Local Economic Development: The labour market reflects the availability of particular skills at national and regional levels. This is affected by training and development. The Institute will impact on the economy of the county like what the SENAI model did with the Brazilian Economy.
For the Institute to succeed it must possess sustainable competitive advantage. The CEO’s role is to continuously ensure the building and maintenance of the Institute’s capacity and competitive advantage:
- Market needs – technical skills, business managerial skills and business leadership.
- Social responsibility - Action to address the country’s economy with the Institute’s intervention.
- Expectations to deliver – employment opportunities and entrepreneurial skills.
- Train: Train and Develop Skills & Entrepreneurship
- Incubate: Incubate SMMEs
- Supply: Supply Services to their clients (e.g. Corporate and Municipalities)
Ensures that the Institute adheres to its Values in conducting its own affairs:
- Governance & Compliance
- Highest Ethical Standards
- Accountability & Transparency
- Honesty & Integrity
- Creativity & Innovation
- Helping Hand
Overseeing the implementation of the Five Years Establishment Phases of the Institute
- Phase 1: Pre-Launch Preparatory Activities
- Phase 2: Partners Identification and Agreements
- Phase 3: Facilities Identification; Formulation of Programme Menu
- Phase 4: Acquisition of Required Facilities & Equipment
- Phase 5: Administrative & Management Human Resources Capacity
- Phase 6: Establishment of the National Faculty & Teaching Staff Development
- Phase 7: Putting together Educational Structure, Curricula & Courses Development
- Phase 8: Provincial Mobile Units Concept Design & Development
- Phase 9: Soweto National Centre of Excellence Concept Design & Development
- Phase 10: Pilot Programme Design & Development
- Phase 11: Accreditation of the Institute and Courses
Implement the Management & Leadership Structure as part of the establishment of the Institute:
- Board of Trustees & Directors (already in place)
- Chief Executive Officer (already in place)
- Executive Committee
- Full Time & Adjunct Faculty
- Programme & Course Development
- General Administration
Creation of the Operating & Programme Delivery Model of the Institute:
- National Head Office (Johannesburg)
- National Centre of Excellence (Soweto)
- National Mobile Unit (Soweto)
- Provincial Management & Satellite Centres (all 9 x Provinces)
- Provincial Mobile Units (all 9 x Provinces)
Establishment and maintenance of the strategic partnerships of the Institute: Dr Richard Maponya Institute intends to establish national and international strategic partnerships; and develop collaboration models with the South African colleges, academies, incubators, universities (of technology, traditional, and comprehensive), public & private companies, business schools, professional bodies, foundations, local & national chambers of commerce & industry, bilateral chambers of commerce & industry, Government agencies (local, provincial and national level), and institutes with similar objectives.
Ensures the adherence to the IRDAS Model of the Institute:
- I = Identify Potential participants: The Institute will engage experienced talent identification professionals to identify sources of talent and participants in the programmes.
- R = Recruit & Enroll: The Administration Shared Services of the Institute will engage in the intensive recruitment process and enroll the successful candidates in the programmes.
- D = Development & Readiness Programme: Each participant will follow his/her own chosen field and sector development & readiness programme, under the guidance of experienced facilitators and field supervisors.
- A = Access to Markets & Opportunities Programme: Practitioners in the various sectors and markets will assist the learner entrepreneurs in accessing local and international markets
- S = Support & Growth Management: The MI-SED Alumni will be established to work with approved Mentors and Coaches to provide continuous support and growth management interventions.
Implementation of the Institute's IRDAS Model: In order to be successful in the implementation of its IRDAS Model, Dr Richard Maponya Institute is inviting Professionals & Specialists to join the Institute Networks. The Professionals & Specialists subscribed to the Networks will receive further and relevant communication about the programmes of the Institute and the role they would play in the Institute. The Institute will run a series of workshops, seminars, conferences and dialogues to grow the members of the following Networks of the Institute
- Entrepreneurship Trainers, Lecturers, and Facilitators Network
- Entrepreneurship Coaches and Mentors Network
- Industry Partner Companies (Private, Public & Non-Profit) Network
- Intra-Trade Entrepreneurs Network
- Partner Institutions of Higher Learning (Universities, Colleges & Academies) Network
- Alumni Network
- National Learner Practitioner Entrepreneurs Network
- International Learner Practitioner Entrepreneurs Network
- National Students (from Higher Institutions of Learning) Network
- International Students (from Higher Institutions of Learning) Network